fall

Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday :)

Monday's are most often the day I sit down and actually compile the meals I'm planning to make for the upcoming week. I try to only go grocery shopping ONCE a week. If I am out of something, I either make something else, or find an appropriate substitute... instead of running back to the store. I have this problem with getting WAY more than what I went to the store for! Anyway... this weeks menu is as follows :)

 Monday:
B: oatmeal with apples and raisins
L: chicken, rice and carrots
D: chili and homemade cornbread

Tuesday:
B: pancakes
L: cream cheese and apple butter sandwiches, pears
D: broc and cheese calzone (one of my favorite things!)

Wednesday:
B: oatmeal w/ apples and raisins
L: chili baked potatoes
D: spaghetti carbonara, brocolli

Thursday:
B: pancakes
L: breakfast for lunch
D: Zuppa Toscana, breadsticks

Friday:
B: baked apple pie oatmeal :)
L: chili, cheese and rice wraps
D: Italian Drip Beef Sandwiches, I am SUPER excited to try these! From http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

Saturday:
B: Breakfast sandwiches
L: Sandwiches and left over soup
D: Leftovers

Sunday:
B: pancakes
L: Bean and rice wraps with cheese, carrots
D: For dinner we always have homemade popcorn (not that super processed, cancer causing, microwave stuff!), fresh fruit and choc milk. Most of the time we are all ready for bed by the time we get home on sundays and this always seems to be just the right combination :)

Weekly Snacks:
popcorn, carrots and celery with ranch, apples with peanut butter, and pumpkin apple struedel muffins

Looking forward to a great week, with lots of yummy food :)

4 comments:

  1. well just printed off that spaghetti recipe with eggs and all(never ever heard of it but I have everything so will give it a try) and then the soup from Olive Garden...another thing I had never tried tho I haven't been to Olive Garden in years....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have never tried the spaghetti carbonara either, but I figured its a nice cheap meal so its worth a try :) The soup was really good! I followed the directions pretty exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. you go girl. I've never ever done this. haha. You are totally organized and on top of things if you can do this! Wowzers. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remove the "my pc techs" pop up on your blog click here: http://2momstalk.blogspot.com/2011/01/pop-up-on-blog.html

    ReplyDelete