fall

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Git R Done"


Ok so I just had to laugh today as Thomas and I were working on school. We were going over letter sounds and blends. Among the blends we went over were the "G" blends. As we work through sounding the letters out, he always comes up with a word that has the blend in it, for example ga- gap. Well, we came down to "gi" and this is what I hear.... "G says guh and I says ih... guh, ih, guh, ih.... GIH.... like I go 'git' toys." I started cracking up... just a little :) And kindly corrected him that git is actually get. 

He makes me laugh. ALL THE TIME! We have so much fun doing school together, I wouldn't trade teaching my own child to read for the world, no matter what people want to say about "socialization". Thank you Lord for allowing me this opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. well add a little southern accent and it is "git" :) and I wouldn't give up homeschooling either tho you might have to remind me some days why I do it....you know those crazy days :)

    ReplyDelete