fall

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

cinnamon, spice, and everything nice cookies...

Mmmm... these cookies are pretty great! They taste like a cross between a snickerdoodle and a ginger cookie... or if you made a gingerbread cinnamon bun... they are delish! I didn't get a chance to take any pictures because my boys (all three of them!) really enjoyed these so much they are gone! I only made a half recipe... guess I should have made a whole! :) Anyway... here it is...

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups butter flavored shortening
  • 2 cups light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 cups cinnamon chips
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, light brown sugar and dark brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk and vanilla, blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter until well blended. Mix in cinnamon chips and if using, pecans. Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, just until the cookies lose their gloss. Remove from the cookie sheets to wire racks to cool.

This recipe was taken from www.allrecipes.com... and for once I actually followed the entire recipe with no add ins of my own! Try em... they're delish!

3 comments:

  1. Ok have a question...i rarely use shortening..in fact just bought some so I could make donuts this past weekend but when you said butter flavored what if I just have shortening...I didnt' know there was butter flavored..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely ever use shortening either! There is a coconut oil shortening you can get at health food stores, a little costly... but the nutritious benefits are well worth it! I didn't have butter flavored either so I just used regular :) You couldn't tell a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy. I'd really like these, or are these the ones you made me that I devoured?? :]

    ReplyDelete