fall

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hashbrown Casserole

I tried a new recipe this weekend for our SS class, hashbrown casserole. I've tried quite a few different recipes, but never really found one that I liked very much... until now! A couple people asked for the recipe, so I decided to put it up :) Enjoy!

Hash Brown Casserole:

1 32 oz bag of hash brown potatoes ( I used cubed, but I think shredded would be great!)
1 16 oz container sour cream
8 oz diced ham
2 cans condensed cream of potato soup (Yes, it HAS to be cream of potato!)
2 cups medium cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp or so black pepper
dash of onion powder (or chopped onion)
about a cup of Parmesan cheese

Throw the potatoes, sour cream, ham, soups, cheddar cheese, spices in a bowl and mix together. Spread into a lightly greased 9x 13 pan and bake at 375 for about an hour, or until bubbly. Easy peasy and OH so cheesy. :) haha, yes I know... I'm such a nerd!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, Sarah. I'm sorry I missed your delicious breakfast. I had to stay home with the little lady. How much loger til you can find out the sex of the baby? I'm dying to know! I voted GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy! i will have to print out the recipe and give it a try!! :-) i don't like onions, but the onion powder will probably be ok for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound yummy!!! i will have to print it out and give it a whirl! i don't like onions, so the onion power will probably work best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats ok Mary! I think you will like this recipe though! How is Hope feeling? Seems like all the little ones are sick! We only had 2 sunday morning in the nursery! I am 13 weeks... so 3 more weeks until we can find out :) I'm still debating whether I want to know or not! haha! Dawn, onion powder is so easy :) I use it often when I don't feel like dicing onions hehe

    ReplyDelete