fall

Friday, October 14, 2011

Superb Streusel topped Pumpkin Apple muffins

Yes this recipe is a hit... absolutely superb if I do say so myself! It is sooo moist because of the chunks of apples and a little healthier than the average muffin recipe. Sometimes I play around with the oil and flour mixing applesauce and whole wheat in to add a little extra nutrition... but this time I just left as is. Want a fabulous fall breakfast? MAKE THESE!

Superb Streusel Topped Pumpkin Apple muffins

2.5 cups flour
1.5 cups sugar
1 heaping TBLS pumpkin pie spice (making your own is super easy if you have non on hand like me!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup oil
2 cups peeled, chopped apples  (Granny smith are my favorite in these!)

Streusel Topping:
2 TBLS flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 TBL butter

Mix all dry ingredients together in medium sized bowl. In another bowl add eggs and beat lightly. Add pumpkin and oil, mix well. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until moistened... don't go crazy and over mix or you will end up with rock hard muffins! Fold in apples. Mix steusel ingredients with a fork (or pastry blender if you are fancy... I don't have one so I use a fork) until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.

Pour batter into paper muffin cups until 2/3 full, top with steusel mixture and bake for 20 mins in 350 degree oven. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment